Table of Contents
Plugins provide a system of extending DokuWiki's features without the need to hack the original code (and so again on each update). Below is a list of ready-to-use plugins created by DokuWiki users.
The installation can be done automatically by search and install the plugin via the extension manager1). A plugin could be manually installed by putting it into its own folder under
lib/plugins/. See the detailed plugin installation instructions.
Be sure to read about Plugin Security.
If you would like to help translating the plugins into another language, please see this page Localization of plugins.
Filter available plugins by type or by using the tag cloud. You could also search within the plugin namespace using the search box.
Filter by type
- Syntax plugins extend DokuWiki's basic syntax.
- Action plugins replace or extend DokuWiki's core functionality
- Admin plugins provide extra administration tools
- Helper plugins provide functionality shared by other plugins
- Render plugins add new export modes or replaces the standard XHTML renderer
- Remote plugins add methods to the RemoteAPI accessible via web services
- Auth plugins add authentication modules
- CLI plugins add commands to use at the Command Line Interface
Filter by tag
Available Remote plugins (10)
|Plugin Author||Last Update||Popularity|
Manage page and namespace access control list (ACL) settings (bundled with DokuWiki)
TagFilter Plugin Download
Allows to create custom dropdown fields to easily filter pages based on tags
xcom Plugin Download
An xmlrpc cross-communication facility that enables two wikis to interact by means of a dashboard interface, including administration, importing of pages and media, and editing on the remote wiki
DokuWikiConnector .NET API
C VB .NET XML-RPC DokuWiki Connector API
Popularity values are based on data gathered through the popularity plugin – please help to increase accuracy by reporting your data with this plugin.
If your needs aren't covered by the existing plugins above, please have a look at our pages on how to create and publish a plugin.
Reporting Bugs and Features Wishes
Two short notes:
- Please use the issue tracker of the plugin
- Provide enough information to reproduce your case
Please refer to How to report bugs and request new features in plugins for more info about this topic.
Ideas for New Plugins
If you are in need of a special feature in DokuWiki but haven't the skills or resources to create your own plugin you might want to suggest the feature for consideration by the community.
To ask for the creation of a new plugin or to discuss plugin ideas, please refer to the Plugin Wishlist Forum.
Recent Wishes in the forum:
- charts from databases (2022-09-20 21:59)
- Article versioning (2022-09-19 13:47)
- Searchable Table of Contents, with key words for topic (2022-09-07 17:50)
- Kanban Board Plugin (2022-09-02 18:12)
- Display message on old (not edited in X years) pages (2022-07-06 18:11)
- Patreon like gated community with Dokuwiki (2022-06-28 03:43)
- Extension to not print section of a page?? (2022-03-25 18:46)
- Can we Export All Wiki pages to a single PDF (2022-03-25 05:21)
Further some closed features requests, which we won't implement in DokuWiki core, are interesting ideas for plugins: Doku Plugin idea's at our GitHub issue tracker.
- display section numbers in the page and table of contents by KamarajuKusumanchi (2021-09-08 17:20)
- Feature Request: Having possibility to show unused Syntax plugins by fstorck (2020-06-05 09:38)
- Integrate MediaManager (lite) into Pageditor by igittigitt (2018-05-15 16:41)
- Provide oEmbed tags/endpoint by chrisblech (2016-11-12 16:13)
- Spam protection measures by Traumflug (2015-12-04 19:46)
- Possibility to use Tinypng when upload image ? by LeDistordu (2015-06-15 11:47)