Table of Contents
Plugins provide a system of extending DokuWiki's features without the need to hack the original code (and so again on each update). Below is a list of ready-to-use plugins created by DokuWiki users.
The installation can be done automatically by search and install the plugin via the extension manager1). A plugin could be manually installed by putting it into its own folder under
lib/plugins/. See the detailed plugin installation instructions.
Be sure to read about Plugin Security.
If you would like to help translating the plugins into another language, please see this page Localization of plugins.
Filter available plugins by type or by using the tag cloud. You could also search within the plugin namespace using the search box.
Filter by type
- Syntax plugins extend DokuWiki's basic syntax.
- Action plugins replace or extend DokuWiki's core functionality
- Admin plugins provide extra administration tools
- Helper plugins provide functionality shared by other plugins
- Render plugins add new export modes or replaces the standard XHTML renderer
- Remote plugins add methods to the RemoteAPI accessible via web services
- Auth plugins add authentication modules
- CLI plugins add commands to use at the Command Line Interface
Filter by tag
Tagged with 'file' (16)
|Plugin Author||Last Update||Popularity|
Display File Plugin Download
The Display File Plugin displays the content of a specified file on the local system using a displayfile element.
filelist Plugin Download
Provides a syntax for adding linked and sorted lists of files as selected by wildcard based glob patterns to a wiki page
filelisting Plugin Download
Show a searchable and sortable list of media files in the current namespace and subnamespaces. With dropfiles plugin allows Drag'n'Drop upload of media files.
openas Plugin Download
File utility for moving/renaming files, saving copies, creating new pages from templates
PGList Plugin Download
List a pages or directories inside the current namespace or selected namespace.
MediaList Plugin Download
Show a list of media files (images/archives...) referred in a given page or stored in a given namespace
Source Plugin Download
Allows you to include all or part of the contents of another file, with syntax highlighting, into the current page
doctree2filelist Plugin Download
doctree2filelist provides a wizard to import document trees into DokuWiki
PreserveFilenames Plugin Download
Preserves the original name of the uploaded media file (letter cases, symbols, etc.)
A plugin that allows wiki pages to represent files, and to generate files basing on some recipe (rules). This empowers a DokuWiki to become a collaboration tool on project management and content creation.
Popularity values are based on data gathered through the popularity plugin – please help to increase accuracy by reporting your data with this plugin.
If your needs aren't covered by the existing plugins above, please have a look at our pages on how to create and publish a plugin.
Reporting Bugs and Features Wishes
Two short notes:
- Please use the issue tracker of the plugin
- Provide enough information to reproduce your case
Please refer to How to report bugs and request new features in plugins for more info about this topic.
Ideas for New Plugins
If you are in need of a special feature in DokuWiki but haven't the skills or resources to create your own plugin you might want to suggest the feature for consideration by the community.
To ask for the creation of a new plugin or to discuss plugin ideas, please refer to the Plugin Wishlist Forum.
Recent Wishes in the forum:
- Manage preloading videos (2022-12-14 15:03)
- Feature request: Save alt text with image in media manager (2022-11-27 20:50)
- Could Anyone Create a Bullet List Journal Plugin (2022-10-30 14:55)
- new or custom accesskey to mark a todo task (2022-10-22 00:59)
- charts from databases (2022-09-20 21:59)
- Article versioning (2022-09-19 13:47)
- Searchable Table of Contents, with key words for topic (2022-09-07 17:50)
- Kanban Board Plugin (2022-09-02 18:12)
Further some closed features requests, which we won't implement in DokuWiki core, are interesting ideas for plugins: Doku Plugin idea's at our GitHub issue tracker.
- display section numbers in the page and table of contents by KamarajuKusumanchi (2021-09-08 17:20)
- Feature Request: Having possibility to show unused Syntax plugins by fstorck (2020-06-05 09:38)
- Integrate MediaManager (lite) into Pageditor by igittigitt (2018-05-15 16:41)
- Provide oEmbed tags/endpoint by chrisblech (2016-11-12 16:13)
- Spam protection measures by Traumflug (2015-12-04 19:46)
- Possibility to use Tinypng when upload image ? by LeDistordu (2015-06-15 11:47)