Table of Contents
Using the lists
First you should subscribe to one or several of the mailing lists presented below. After subscribing you can send emails to the list(s) by using the mailing list address stated in its description. If you would rather want to use the mailing list through a news group interface, please read the section News group interface.
If you are new to mailing lists in general, please read RFC 1855 - Netiquette Guidelines, especially the sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.2. Before you ask any questions you should also have a look at How To Ask Questions The Smart WayItalian translation for How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.
Please note that these documents are linked here solely for the purpose of information. Their respective authors have nothing to do with DokuWiki and in no case should you send email to them, asking for help related to DokuWiki!
- Don't send your mails as HTML
- When answering, don't quote the whole text. Just leave some context to understand what you are relating to
- Write your answer below the quoted text (this make it easier to follow longer conversations)
- Use meaningful subject lines
- Don't start a new topic by replying to any other list message (this messes up threading)
- Don't CC list members when replying (they would get your mail twice) — hit “reply”, not “reply all”
- Don't use the list for idle chit chat, if your message adds no new information don't send it
A failure to follow the rules might result in a temporary ban from the list without warning.
General Mailing List
This list is used for general discussions on development and usage of DokuWiki with a strong technical focus. End users might want to check out the forum first. The list usually has a traffic of a few Mails per day.
You can subscribe, unsubscribe and change your settings for the general list using a webinterface.
Or you can send a mail to dokuwiki [dash] request [at] freelists [dot] org with one of the following subjects:
After subscribing messages can be sent to dokuwiki [at] freelists [dot] org.
The Mailing list archive is available at https://www.freelists.org/archives/dokuwiki. Here is a list of the latest posts:
- [dokuwiki] git changes 2022-01-24 by DokuWiki Develtools)
- [dokuwiki] New PR: Search Index Refactoring by splitbrain)
- [dokuwiki] git changes 2021-12-21 by DokuWiki Develtools)
- [dokuwiki] git changes 2021-12-18 by DokuWiki Develtools)
- [dokuwiki] git changes 2021-12-15 by DokuWiki Develtools)
- [dokuwiki] New PR: PHP 8 compatibility of tests by omerida)
- [dokuwiki] git changes 2021-12-14 by DokuWiki Develtools)
Searching the mailinglist
Possible ways to search the mailinglist:
- http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.dokuwiki.general (not fully functional yet)
I18N Mailing List
The I18N Mailing List is used to discuss translation and internationalization issues with DokuWiki. It usually has a very low traffic of just a few mails per Month. Translators are highly encouraged to join this list.
Please consider reading more about translations before starting to translate:
You can subscribe, unsubscribe and change your settings for the i18n list using a webinterface.
Or you can send a mail to dokuwiki [dash] i18n [dash] request [at] freelists [dot] org with one of the following subjects:
After subscribing messages can be sent to dokuwiki [dash] i18n [at] freelists [dot] org.
The Mailing list archive is available at https://www.freelists.org/archives/dokuwiki-i18n. Here is a list of the latest posts:
- [dokuwiki-i18n] Re: adding Persian language (fa) to dokuwiki.org by Nima Hamidian)
- [dokuwiki-i18n] Re: adding Persian language (fa) to dokuwiki.org by Andreas Gohr)
- [dokuwiki-i18n] adding Persian language (fa) to dokuwiki.org by Nima Hamidian)
Announcements for new releases
There's no separate announcement for new releases. But DokuWiki has a built in Update Check.
Maybe you are interested in the DokuWiki Newsletter.
News group interface
It can be more convenient to read a mailing list as if it were a news group. For that reason, the DokuWiki mailing lists can also be accessed using NNTP via Gmane:
Important: Please do subscribe to the mailing list when using the Gmane interface. Otherwise, your posts will require manual intervention by the admin, who won't be happy at all!
DokuWiki User Forum
The official user forum is available at forum.dokuwiki.org.