Table of Contents
Plugins provide a system of extending DokuWiki's features without the need to hack the original code (and so again on each update). Below is a list of ready-to-use plugins created by DokuWiki users.
The installation can be done automatically by search and install the plugin via the extension manager1). A plugin could be manually installed by putting it into its own folder under
lib/plugins/. See the detailed plugin installation instructions.
Be sure to read about Plugin Security.
If you would like to help translating the plugins into another language, please see this page Localization of plugins.
Filter available plugins by type or by using the tag cloud. You could also search within the plugin namespace using the search box.
Filter by type
- Syntax plugins extend DokuWiki's basic syntax.
- Action plugins replace or extend DokuWiki's core functionality
- Admin plugins provide extra administration tools
- Helper plugins provide functionality shared by other plugins
- Render plugins add new export modes or replaces the standard XHTML renderer
- Remote plugins add methods to the RemoteAPI accessible via web services
- Auth plugins add authentication modules
- CLI plugins add commands to use at the Command Line Interface
Filter by tag
Tagged with 'annotations' (20)
|Plugin Author||Last Update||Popularity|
Comment Syntax Plugin Download
Allow to use source comment syntax to leave edit instructions of the page. Comments are visible only in the source view, not rendered as any page elements.
Wrap Plugin Download
Universal plugin which combines the functionality of many other plugins. Wrap wiki text inside containers (divs or spans) and give them a class (choose from a variety of preset classes), a width and/or a language with its associated text direction.
Bootstrap Wrapper Plugin Download
Useful plugin for add several Bootstrap components (Jumbotron, Alerts, Panels, Nav & Tabs, etc) to DokuWiki especially in combination with a Bootstrap template
Tagging Plugin Download
Allows users to annotate pages with tags, search for tags and show all tags one user has used
Abbreviation Tooltip Plugin Download
abbr tag for abbreviation in Wiki text to show the whole phrase when you mouse over the shortened word
acronym Plugin Download
The acronym plugin allows you to explain acronyms with little flags appearing if you move the mouse over a keyword
commentsrc Plugin Download
This plugin provides the ability to put comment only visible when you edit the page
MaintenanceMessage Plugin Download
Displays a maintenance message on all pages to notify of upcoming downtime. Also can disable editing on all pages.
UserAnnotations Plugin Download
Create annotations below the regular wiki text. Each user creates his own annotation and can decide for himself if other users can read them or not.
Popularity values are based on data gathered through the popularity plugin – please help to increase accuracy by reporting your data with this plugin.
If your needs aren't covered by the existing plugins above, please have a look at our pages on how to create and publish a plugin.
Reporting Bugs and Features Wishes
Two short notes:
- Please use the issue tracker of the plugin
- Provide enough information to reproduce your case
Please refer to How to report bugs and request new features in plugins for more info about this topic.
Ideas for New Plugins
If you are in need of a special feature in DokuWiki but haven't the skills or resources to create your own plugin you might want to suggest the feature for consideration by the community.
To ask for the creation of a new plugin or to discuss plugin ideas, please refer to the Plugin Wishlist Forum.
Recent Wishes in the forum:
- Display message on old (not edited in X years) pages (2022-07-06 18:11)
- Patreon like gated community with Dokuwiki (2022-06-28 03:43)
- Extension to not print section of a page?? (2022-03-25 18:46)
- Can we Export All Wiki pages to a single PDF (2022-03-25 05:21)
- adding Anchor Plugin function to DynContent Plugin (2021-12-17 11:23)
- Viewing a slide show on a page // Visualisation d'un diaporama sur une page (2021-11-25 09:44)
- make accscounter count search terms also (2021-11-25 04:44)
Further some closed features requests, which we won't implement in DokuWiki core, are interesting ideas for plugins: Doku Plugin idea's at our GitHub issue tracker.
- display section numbers in the page and table of contents by KamarajuKusumanchi (2021-09-08 17:20)
- Feature Request: Having possibility to show unused Syntax plugins by fstorck (2020-06-05 09:38)
- Integrate MediaManager (lite) into Pageditor by igittigitt (2018-05-15 16:41)
- Provide oEmbed tags/endpoint by chrisblech (2016-11-12 16:13)
- Spam protection measures by Traumflug (2015-12-04 19:46)
- Possibility to use Tinypng when upload image ? by LeDistordu (2015-06-15 11:47)