Table of Contents
Plugins provide a system of extending DokuWiki's features without the need to hack the original code (and so again on each update). Below is a list of ready-to-use plugins created by DokuWiki users.
The installation can be done automatically by search and install the plugin via the extension manager1). A plugin could be manually installed by putting it into its own folder under
lib/plugins/. See the detailed plugin installation instructions.
Be sure to read about Plugin Security.
If you would like to help translating the plugins into another language, please see this page Localization of plugins.
Filter available plugins by type or by using the tag cloud. You could also search within the plugin namespace using the search box.
Filter by type
- Syntax plugins extend DokuWiki's basic syntax.
- Action plugins replace or extend DokuWiki's core functionality
- Admin plugins provide extra administration tools
- Helper plugins provide functionality shared by other plugins
- Render plugins add new export modes or replaces the standard XHTML renderer
- Remote plugins add methods to the RemoteAPI accessible via web services
- Auth plugins add authentication modules
- CLI plugins add commands to use at the Command Line Interface
Filter by tag
Tagged with 'meta' (20)
|Plugin Author||Last Update||Popularity|
Backlinks Plugin Download
Lists all pages that link back to a given page using the first headline as link title
Publication framework (Bootstrap and Material Design UI components, URL Management, Web Metadata, SEO and more)
DokuSIOC Plugin Download
DokuSIOC makes your wiki part of the Semantic Web. It integrates SIOC Ontology within DokuWiki.
HtmlMetaTags Plugin Download
Adds some (open graph) meta tags to the html header (e.g. keywords, description or any others)
Copies a page's abstract, a global description, or individual text to a meta header line that is visible in the page source.
Blogmeta Plugin Download
Prints blogpost creation date and author right after the page content. Info is always displayed between content and comments. Affected pages can be selected using regular expression.
GeoURL Plugin Download
This plugin allows you to set geographic data for your Wiki with GeoURL, which allows you and your visitors to find geographically nearly sites.
NFTR (Not For The Robots) Plugin Download
NFTR is a DokuWiki plugin which tries to prevent the indexing of user configured wiki pages and namespaces by search engines. For those pages the plugin adds a noindex tag for robots to the HTTP- and HTML header.
Page Templater Plugin Download
Use pages as template - and define either the namespace where to use them, or configure a page using the META plugin to have a template
Popularity values are based on data gathered through the popularity plugin – please help to increase accuracy by reporting your data with this plugin.
If your needs aren't covered by the existing plugins above, please have a look at our pages on how to create and publish a plugin.
Reporting Bugs and Features Wishes
Two short notes:
- Please use the issue tracker of the plugin
- Provide enough information to reproduce your case
Please refer to How to report bugs and request new features in plugins for more info about this topic.
Ideas for New Plugins
If you are in need of a special feature in DokuWiki but haven't the skills or resources to create your own plugin you might want to suggest the feature for consideration by the community.
To ask for the creation of a new plugin or to discuss plugin ideas, please refer to the Plugin Wishlist Forum.
Recent Wishes in the forum:
- Collapsible list? (2023-09-15 03:18)
- idea: Markov Chain to predict input? (2023-09-14 12:51)
- how to show a window containing a summary and image wih mouseover (2023-09-11 07:40)
- How to display the list of pages created by user (2023-08-05 12:54)
- I dream for a "badge plugin", that transform some text in formatted text? (2023-07-27 21:10)
- Grab all text plugin (2023-05-29 15:47)
- Calculate a Score from a survey (2023-05-15 13:25)
- Preserve ACL Rules after a Namespace or Page Move (2023-04-03 00:07)
Further some closed features requests, which we won't implement in DokuWiki core, are interesting ideas for plugins: Doku Plugin idea's at our GitHub issue tracker.
- display section numbers in the page and table of contents by KamarajuKusumanchi (2021-09-08 17:20)
- Feature Request: Having possibility to show unused Syntax plugins by fstorck (2020-06-05 09:38)
- Integrate MediaManager (lite) into Pageditor by igittigitt (2018-05-15 16:41)
- Provide oEmbed tags/endpoint by chrisblech (2016-11-12 16:13)
- Spam protection measures by Traumflug (2015-12-04 19:46)
- Possibility to use Tinypng when upload image ? by LeDistordu (2015-06-15 11:47)