Table of Contents
Plugins provide a system of extending DokuWiki's features without the need to hack the original code (and so again on each update). Below is a list of ready-to-use plugins created by DokuWiki users.
The installation can be done automatically by search and install the plugin via the extension manager1). A plugin could be manually installed by putting it into its own folder under
lib/plugins/. See the detailed plugin installation instructions.
Be sure to read about Plugin Security.
If you would like to help translating the plugins into another language, please see this page Localization of plugins.
Filter available plugins by type or by using the tag cloud. You could also search within the plugin namespace using the search box.
Filter by type
- Syntax plugins extend DokuWiki's basic syntax.
- Action plugins replace or extend DokuWiki's core functionality
- Admin plugins provide extra administration tools
- Helper plugins provide functionality shared by other plugins
- Render plugins add new export modes or replaces the standard XHTML renderer
- Remote plugins add methods to the RemoteAPI accessible via web services
- Auth plugins add authentication modules
- CLI plugins add commands to use at the Command Line Interface
Filter by tag
Tagged with 'button' (22)
|Plugin Author||Last Update||Popularity|
Bootstrap Wrapper Plugin Download
Useful plugin for add several Bootstrap components (Jumbotron, Alerts, Panels, Nav & Tabs, etc) to DokuWiki especially in combination with a Bootstrap template
Publication framework (Bootstrap and Material Design UI components, URL Management, Web Metadata, SEO and more)
CustomButtons Plugin Download
A plugin for adding custom buttons to the toolbar, to shortcut commonly used code blocks
entitiesbutton Plugin Download
Adds a button which will let you insert 'entities' defined in your DokuWiki
PrettyTables Plugin Download
Toolbar button that fixes the source code of a table by aligning the columns
Add New Page Plugin Download
Put ‘add new page’ forms within pages, with optional namespace selection
CodeButton Plugin Download
In the default toolbar there is no code button available. This plugin will add one.
editonlink Plugin Download
Adds a popover button "Edit" to inner wiki links, so you can go edit that page in one click
CodeButton2 Plugin Download
A plugin for adding custom code buttons into the toolbar with configuration, mix of codebutton_ext and custombuttons plugins. See screenshots below.
codebuttonmod2 Plugin Download
Inserts two code buttons into the toolbar. Include code copy-to-clipboard feature.
codebutton_ext Plugin Download
Inserts a code button into the toolbar to select from different languages
TranslateButton Plugin Download
One-click Toolbar Google Translate Button. Opens a window with google translation of selected words (en-ru)
Popularity values are based on data gathered through the popularity plugin – please help to increase accuracy by reporting your data with this plugin.
If your needs aren't covered by the existing plugins above, please have a look at our pages on how to create and publish a plugin.
Reporting Bugs and Features Wishes
Two short notes:
- Please use the issue tracker of the plugin
- Provide enough information to reproduce your case
Please refer to How to report bugs and request new features in plugins for more info about this topic.
Ideas for New Plugins
If you are in need of a special feature in DokuWiki but haven't the skills or resources to create your own plugin you might want to suggest the feature for consideration by the community.
To ask for the creation of a new plugin or to discuss plugin ideas, please refer to the Plugin Wishlist Forum.
Recent Wishes in the forum:
- Extension to not print section of a page?? (2022-03-25 18:46)
- Can we Export All Wiki pages to a single PDF (2022-03-25 05:21)
- adding Anchor Plugin function to DynContent Plugin (2021-12-17 11:23)
- Viewing a slide show on a page // Visualisation d'un diaporama sur une page (2021-11-25 09:44)
- make accscounter count search terms also (2021-11-25 04:44)
- Struct Plugin with hidden columns (2021-10-05 17:07)
- Bulk revert of recent user / IP content (2021-09-27 14:12)
Further some closed features requests, which we won't implement in DokuWiki core, are interesting ideas for plugins: Doku Plugin idea's at our GitHub issue tracker.
- display section numbers in the page and table of contents by KamarajuKusumanchi (2021-09-08 17:20)
- Feature Request: Having possibility to show unused Syntax plugins by fstorck (2020-06-05 09:38)
- Integrate MediaManager (lite) into Pageditor by igittigitt (2018-05-15 16:41)
- Provide oEmbed tags/endpoint by chrisblech (2016-11-12 16:13)
- Spam protection measures by Traumflug (2015-12-04 19:46)
- Possibility to use Tinypng when upload image ? by LeDistordu (2015-06-15 11:47)