Table of Contents
The Community Team
The community team is responsible for promoting DokuWiki and it's community. Making people want to use, talk about, write about and contribute to the DokuWiki project.
What skills are needed?
- Decent written English
- Curiosity in search for information that would be interesting to others
What are the main tasks?
- produce the newsletter
- post to social media
- monitor public discussions on (Doku)Wiki and inform the public
- follow internal DokuWiki channels, IRC, mailing lists, bug tracker and forum
- update listings of DokuWiki in software catalogs (WikiMatrix, Freshmeat,…) with help of Facts about DokuWiki
- monitor and answer questions at WikiMatrix Forum
Who are we?
Håkan Sandell from Sweden
I write the newsletter with some help from the others.
Andreas Gohr from Berlin
I promote DokuWiki through social networks, blog posts, pod casts and wiki related events.
Add rest of the team
- Revive newsletter and social teams, involve more people
- Plan A: let each team write about themselves, to get familiar with contributing
- Plan B: ?
- Better links to forum etc page refactor pages
“read others opinions” press, blog, listings
- “communicate & participate” forum, mailing lists, irc, bug tracker
- “evaluate” features, factsheet, requirements, changes (leaflet)
- Add more to Facts about DokuWiki
- Continue getting inspired by TikiWiki Communications Team
Small stuff (one night )
- Update DokuWiki Newsletter page
- Fixup tourbusstop
- Make the DokuWiki Teams page more inviting and appealing, maybe add picture to “Joining a Team”
- Add links & text “express your happiness with DW, add positive reviews on …” to thanks
- Check if some listing could be improved
- Is DokuWiki “MAC friendly”? If so we should mention that somewhere…
- Make changes to the
DokuWiki Users⇒ dokuinstall page as suggested in New User Page, could we add stats like http://s23.org/wikistats/
- Compile a list of notable DokuWiki installations, Mantis Bug Tracker Wiki etc
- Make/publish whitepaper about DokuWiki performance, is dokuwiki.org the largest installation?
- People who registers to the team mailing list should get a Welcome to the DokuWiki teams list
- Publish something about statistics Google inurl:doku.php
- Try to be nominated for an Open Source Award? The ones which come in mind: InfoWorld Bossie Awards or Packt Open Source Awards
|Freecode (Freshmeat)||Login, press “Submit a release” (generates mail to subscribers)||current “Adora Belle” submitted|
|Wikipedia||Update “Latest release”||current ‘2017-02-19e “Frusterick Manners” / February 19, 2017’|
|WikiMatrix||Updated by CosmoCode (possible to send email reminder)|
|SocialSourceCommons||Login, edit||current “2009-12-25”|
|Ostatic||current “Adora Belle”|
Some thoughts about listings
Do something about
- Update information at Ostatic, hopelessly outdated (and bad rating)
- Try to update information at www.c2.com
- Update Freshmeat
- tags/os/translations etc, compare with tiki and confl.
- Page looks like crap
- Maybe request “DoFollow”
- Use their Home Page Analysis Summary (indicates www.dokuwiki.org can be improved)
Get listed on
- dmoz.org (url submitted Dec 2010), Open Directory Project is a large, human-edited directory of the Web.
- Review of Alexa itself (or how to use the information) http://www.seobook.com/alexa-relevant-2010
Would http://cia.vc/ add something to the IRC experience?Done
Devel efforts improving popularity
This is some improvements that might make the first impression better
- Include more than one template, people want to try different looks easy
- “Every tick in the box” at WikiMatrix
The newsletter team creates the DokuWiki newsletter, highlighting news, recent and upcoming events, featured plugins and much more. We use MailChimp to distribute the newsletter. We happily appreciate feedback and tips, just add them to the Newsletter Forum.