BackupTool for DokuWiki
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" yes
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" yes
- 2016-06-26 "Elenor Of Tsort" yes
This is a plugin for DokuWiki which enables you to backup the most important parts of your site; this includes all of your pages, all old revisions, meta data, subscriptions, media files (your downloads), as well as your plugins and templates.
This is in case, for some odd reason, your host accidentally loses all your files; it's happened to me personally twice, on two different hosts since I began using DokuWiki– and backing up manually can be quite a nightmare.
As with any data backup tool, there is always a possibility for unintentional data loss.
Neither I nor this site will be held responsible for any data loss caused by this product.
So download and use at your own risk!
- Merge branch 'release/1.0.1' into 'master' (2020-10-21 09:42)
- Merge branch 'TJG/BT-47' into 'release/1.0.1' (2020-10-21 09:41)
- BT-47 - Re-added German language support, based on a contribution by … (2020-10-21 09:39)
- Merge branch 'release/1.0.0' into 'master' (2020-09-14 09:58)
- Merge branch 'TJG/BT-44' into 'release/1.0.0' (2020-09-14 09:54)
- BT-44 - In `script.js`, removed the `plugin_backup` object and refere… (2020-09-14 09:54)
- BT-44 - Added `CHANGELOG.md` and bumped version number (2020-09-14 09:44)
- Merge branch 'TJG/BT-43' into 'release/1.0.0' (2020-09-14 09:27)
To access the plugin, make sure you're on the admin account, and click the admin button on your wiki site.
An entry named “Backup Tool” should be listed in the the available administrative tasks. Click it, and you will see a list of components to backup.
Simply check the items you wish to backup, and uncheck the ones you don't. For instance, you may not care about old revisions of documents, so you don't have to include them if you don't want to.
Click the Create Backup button, and the process of backing up starts. For large sites, it may take some time; it may even time out– in which case you may wish to backup each section individually– though this is unlikely. It will usually take at least a little time for the page to respond, so please be patient.
The backup file is generated and put in your media directory. So you're then able to download it from there, and you may wish to delete it afterwards.
Restoring a Backup
The following assumes that your Wiki is completely gone - you have nothing left then one backup-archive and the credentials of the Admin-User. It also assumes that you backed up at least your configuration and pages.
- Start the installation of the latest version of DokuWiki as if you would start with a new wiki
- Untar your backup and copy the three directories (
lib) to your wikis destination-dir, overwriting any possibly existing files
- You should now be able to log in with your previously used admin account.