Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" unknown
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" yes
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" yes
Why this plugin? I needed a simple way to make passwords less readable on screen so any people marching by won't read it easily. On the other hand, printed documentation should show the password perfectly. (I use DokuWiki in multiple companies for IT documentation).
Still: Password is NOT stored encrypted and is still readable. For important passwords, use sha1 encryption or at least Base64 obfuscation. Have fun!
Search and install the plugin using the Extension Manager. Refer to Plugins on how to install plugins manually.
Copy to clipboard: just click on the icon next to the password!
Reveal password: just click and hold on password dots.
3 ways to use it:
- click the lock icon in the editor toolbar to insert a placeholder (<pwd>Password</pwd>).
- mark a text and click on the lock icon.
- enter tags <pwd></pwd> manually.
<pwd>secret Password displayed as dots</pwd>
- Initial release
- Click on pass to copy to clipboard
- Bookcreator Plugin now prints passwords in black
- refactoring of plugin structure
- Copy to clipboard is fixed to top of screen
- added a little animation to it
- new design, thank you Marcel for the idea
Known Bugs and Issues
plugin/passwordgrey.txt · Last modified: 2022-02-27 00:06 by ibschreiber