Table of Contents
Search and install the plugin using the Extension Manager.
1. Lock the site and run a custom maintenance script
- Go to the “maintenance plugin” page in the backend.
- Click on the “Lock” button to lock the site from writing.
- Log in your server and run some scripts, and wait until they are finished.
- Click on the “Unlock” button to unlock the site.
2. Run a pre-defined maintenance script and lock the site until it's finished
- Go to the config manager and make plugin»maintenance»script point to your custom script. (See bin/sample.sh for an example)
- Go to the “maintenance plugin” page in the backend and click on the “Start” button to run the script, the site is automatically locked and will be unlocked when it's finished.
- If something seems to go wrong, you can click on the “Stop” button to kill the script previously started.
3. Run a pre-defined maintenance script periodically and lock the site every time until it's finished
- Go to the config manager and make plugin»maintenance»script point to your custom script.
- Check the plugin»maintenance»script_auto button and set plugin»maintenance»script_auto_interval to an interval you like.
- The maintenance script will run automatically (and locks the site until it's finished) once your site is visited and it hadn't been run during the past interval seconds.
- It is advised that your maintenance script is set to sleep for a certain time until it's a rather non-busy time.
4. Other notice
- This plugin is designed under the Unix system, and is not guaranteed to work on Windows or other OS.
- Fix default script_auto_interval (2013-11-03 13:23)
- Put environmental variables to make shell scripts work right (2013-11-03 09:30)
- Add auto run options. (2013-11-03 06:45)
- Rejects any lock when there is already a lock. (2013-11-03 06:45)
- Move getScript() from admin.php to helper.php (2013-11-03 06:45)
- Add admin interface. (2013-11-03 06:45)
- Add basic site lock checker. (2013-11-03 06:45)
Known Bugs and Issues
plugin/maintenance.txt · Last modified: 2018-06-04 23:26 by Klap-in