Table of Contents
In DokuWiki you will never get lost because you always leave some breadcrumbs behind which show you the way back.
DokuWiki can display two kinds of breadcrumbs: tracking and hierarchical breadcrumbs.
This is the default. Breadcrumbs display a list of pages you just visited in a wiki. This makes most sense for pages with a flat namespace hierarchy. Tracking Breadcrumbs are prefixed with the word
Trace: • .
The number of tracking breadcrumbs to be shown can be set with the breadcrumbs option.
Hierarchical breadcrumbs are common in typical CMS driven sites with deep navigation structures. If your wiki features strict hierarchical namespaces, you might want to use these bookmarks. When enabled they are prefixed with the words
You are here:.
Hierarchical breadcrumbs can be enabled with the youarehere option.
- How and where the breadcrumb block is rendered is mainly the responsibility of the template.
- If you'd like to customize it in your plugin of choice
- ask the author, to make it customizable,
- or find the string in the template and overwrite it as a quick hack to get what you want
- or alternatively try to see what the localization has to offer in that regard.
The breadcrumbs are stored in the user session. Template developers should make sure to provide space for both types of breadcrumbs by using the