If you want to try out a current development version of DokuWiki without using git, you can always download a snapshot of the development code at github.
The most recent code version can always be downloaded from https://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki/tarball/master
Installing a Snapshot
To install a snapshot just follow the standard installation procedure. However, you are likely receive a message “unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php” in the installer.
To fix this, perform the following:
- copy the reported hash key, e.g.
- open install.php and find
$dokuwiki_hash = array
- duplicate the final line within the array, e.g.
'2007-06-26' => 'b3ca19c7a654823144119980be73cd77',
- edit your duplicated line for date and new hash key, e.g.
'2009-03-17' => '1e5c42eac3219d9e21927c39e3240aad',
- save, upload to server and rerun