Abbreviations and Acronyms
DokuWiki can mark abbreviations and acronyms (terminology) automatically. You can hover your mouse on an abbreviation to see a short explanation, shown as a tooltip. For example, if the mouse is positioned over “CMS” (which is included in the default acronyms list), the tooltip displays
Content Management System.
Some preconfigured examples:
- BTW, FAQ, HTML, WYSIWYG, EOF
Note: only full words will be marked. Eg. an acronym that is used within a word will not result in a acronym tooltip. Example: CMS is an acronym, myCMS is not.
- DokuWiki's standard abbreviations are stored in the
- You can add your own abbreviations by creating a
conf/acronyms.local.conffile and placing your abbreviations.
NEW Not existing before!
- Disable by mention the abbreviation without a replacement
- Modify by providing an alternative
BTW Your own text
- For configuration changes to take effect on the pages, the cache must be purged.
- The acronyms file has to be encoded in UTF-8.
- Because it is reserved to mark a comment line, a hash (
#) needs to be escaped by a backslash (