Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2023-04-04 "Jack Jackrum" yes
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" yes
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" unknown
This is a simple template in the modernist vein, which I have mixed feelings about. It is designed to match the look and feel people are familiar with and be comfy to read on a desktop or phone. It also is simpler to understand at-a-glance than some other templates.
(See GitHub page for screenshots)
Download and Install
Visit GitHub to download this template and its extras:
Refer to template on how to install and use templates in Dokuwiki.
If you download the source from GitHub (i.e. not using the download link above), be sure to upload only the folder called “typowiki” to your tpl folder.
Suggested DokuWiki customizations
IMPORTANT: This template has a unique contextual button in the nav bar. To make it as straightforward as possible, I use custom localizations in DokuWiki. If you don't use these, the template will not display properly on small screens.
For english, I suggest adding the following in your
conf/lang/en/lang.php file. (See changing_some_localized_texts_and_strings_in_your_installation for details.)
$lang['btn_edit'] = 'Edit'; $lang['btn_show'] = 'Cancel'; $lang['btn_create'] = 'Create'; $lang['btn_create'] = 'Create'; $lang['btn_source'] = 'Source'; $lang['loggedinas'] = ''; $lang['lastmod'] = 'Last edit was';
$lang['btn_edit'] = 'Editar'; $lang['btn_show'] = 'Cancelar'; $lang['btn_create'] = 'Crear'; $lang['btn_source'] = 'Ver fuente'; $lang['loggedinas'] = '';
Create a page called 'sidebar' in the root, and add your content there. It will appear in the right-hand sidebar.
Upload a square file called 'logo.png', around 70×70, in your media manager root.
Custom Editor Icons
I made some custom retina icons for the edit bar (based on Microns). They're not the greatest, but they do go with the theme's colors a bit better. You can find them in the “extras” folder over at Github. To use, just move the png files to
lib/images/toolbar/. Keep a backup of the standard ones to be safe.
- Theme doesn't recognize variables set/changed in “Template Style Settings.”
- v1.0 - Release
- v1.1 - Fixed some css bugs, added ability to use a custom logo.
- v1.1.1 - Prevents update warning from showing in Extension Manager when latest version is installed. No other changes.
- v1.2 - All links now have visible outline when focused. Search/user menu are now unified into one, with accessibility and localization improvements. General css improvements.
- v1.3 - fix inline emoji display; confirm compatibility with DokuWiki release Jack Jackrum
Do something cool, take back control of information from the corporate overlords <3