Table of Contents
The Documentation Team has the primary focus on improving and complementing the DokuWiki documentation
What are the main Tasks?
General wiki gardening
- Improve documentation and FAQs where people complain about unclear stuff
- Add more links where needed, e.g. Include Hooks
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Keep pages tidy (especially plugins). There are often comments. Most of them should be removed and merged into the documentation part of the pages and in comprehensive FAQs.
- Translate pages to your local language
- Make and add screenshots of features or plugins where appropriate
- Search for FIXME, try to fix them
Keep up with development
- Make sure the documentation is up to date.
- Monitor development changes and ensure that the necessary documentation is created (or extended) by the developers in a comprehensible way. Some organization below.
- Closed bugs with the tag needDocUpdate need improvements of the documentation. For example: adding the new syntax, removing old bug reports or workarounds. (Add the
[[devel:develonly]]link when features are not yet released).
- There are some documentation pages which mention that certain DokuWiki features are devel:develonly (use the backlinks feature to find them). If these remarks are less recent than the most recent release, they are most probably no longer relevant. Check that and remove them and rewrite the affected paragraphs.
Plugins & Templates
- For more in depth gardening of plugins and templates see: Plugins & Templates Team page.
Additional syntax dokuwiki.org
For useful non-default syntax see additional syntax.
Work in progress
See work items for outstanding jobs.
Who we are?
- Scott Hewitt
- Barry Coughlan
- Chris Green
teams/documentation.txt · Last modified: 2017-11-03 15:37 by Aleksandr