Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" unknown
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" yes
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" yes
Similar to autogroup
Download and Installation
Search and install the plugin using the Extension Manager. Refer to Plugins on how to install plugins manually.
You can simply browse to the admin menu, click on the
virtual groups button and can edit memberships of groups.
What is this plugin for? Imagine the following:
- Your authentication backend doesn't allow group changes for your wiki or it just doesn't have group support.
- Adding every single user isn't really very nice.
- Use this plugin and set groups to the users. The groups are only stored in the wiki.
- You can then use the new groups from this plugin in the ACL manager to set permissions.
Group Names defined in the plugin should not start with “@” (e.g.
myusergroup) but must be prefixed with “@” when referenced in the ACL manager (
As noted in a comment on a GitHub issue, this plugin does not affect ACL checks in general. Therefore, you cannot use virtual groups for XMLRPC API authentication.
Virtual groups also only work for certain config settings:
- remoteuser does NOT allow virtual groups
- superuser allows virtual groups
- manager allows virtual groups
plugin/virtualgroup.txt · Last modified: 2023-01-15 23:52 by andi