Table of Contents
UI Language Plugin
Compatible with DokuWiki
This extension has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues.
Similar to translation
This plugin changes the wiki's user-interface language to match the language of the current page.
The following methods are used to find out which language to use:
language, if set.
- The namespace, if it is a valid language code.
- The browser's prefered language.
The plugin handles the case when the language has been changed to a RTL language. In this case, RTL CSS is loaded instead of the “normal” (non-RTL) CSS.
If you are using the translate plugin, this plugin is useful.
If you are using the translation plugin (another plugin with a similar name) you don't need this plugin. That plugin has this behaviour built-in (except it doesn't use metadata for language).
Search and install the plugin using the Extension Manager. Refer to Plugins on how to install plugins manually.
If you have pages in multiple languages, there are two ways you can make the user-interface appear in the correct language:
- You can use a language code as a namespace and use pagenames such as
- You can use set the
languagemetadata on the page. Metadata can be set using the meta plugin.
If you use the translate plugin, it sets the
language metadata, so in this case you don't have to do anything.
If the language cannot be detected, the browser's prefered language will be used.
- Change preg_split to explode by zuiderkwast (2017-11-23 22:55)
- Merge pull request #5 from jeromecc/master by zuiderkwast (2017-11-23 22:47)
- split() has been replaced by preg_split() in php7 by jeromecc (2017-10-24 02:36)
- Merge pull request #2 from splitbrain-forks/php7-signature by zuiderkwast (2016-02-25 15:29)
- Adjust method signatures to match parent by splitbrain (2016-02-03 12:51)
- Adds README by zuiderkwast (2013-08-19 11:49)
- Initial commit by zuiderkwast (2013-08-19 11:45)
This plugin has been used in production since 2009-08-16.
Known Bugs and Issues
- Add a configuration setting to turn on/off setting the language by browser language.
- Verify compatibility with the latest version of DokuWiki.
- Ability to have different 'Navigation', 'Tool' and 'Site_notice' pages for each detecting language.