Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" yes
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" unknown
- 2016-06-26 "Elenor Of Tsort" unknown
Have you ever worked on a page for a long time and wanted to save the content you have but still continue editing after saving and hated that you had to click again “Edit” after saving and wait another time for the page to load? Then this plugin is for you! It allows you to change that behavior by checking a simple checkbox below the edit area. When you press save after checking that checkbox, you won't be redirected to the page but instead the editor will load again and you can continue editing.
Download and Installation
This plugin adds a checkbox that is shown below the editor, if you check it the edit form will reappear when you press “Save” after saving the page instead of redirecting to the page itself. This is useful if you are working on a page for a long time and want to save intermediate states your work.
Configuration and Settings
There are currently no configuration settings for this plugin.
You can translate the plugin by copying lang/en/lang.php to lang/YOUR_LANGUAGE/lang.php and change the one line where the English text is set. Just provide that line somewhere below, send me an email (see above for the address) or even create a fork of the repository linked above and send me a patch or a pull request on GitHub.
Feel free to provide improvements of the code as patch or pull request on GitHub. Bugs and feature requests should be reported on GitHub.
- New version 2018-05-05 (2018-05-05 23:28)
- Fix #3 compatibility with the edittable plugin (2018-05-05 23:24)
- Try to trigger the plugin after blogtng and edittable #3 (2018-05-05 23:06)
- Comment action processing, trigger new event for "edit" action (2018-05-05 23:06)
- Fix #6 compatibility with DokuWiki Greebo, cleanup (2018-05-05 22:37)
- New version released (2018-01-08 13:33)
- Merge pull request #5 from rozenlicht/master (2018-01-08 13:31)
- Fixed issue concerning undefined index error. (2018-01-08 13:17)
Known Bugs and Issues
- Before DokuWiki release “Greebo” (Spring 2018), there were known problems with blogtng: The data you entered for blogtng hadn't been saved when you checked the “Continue editing…” checkbox. This has been fixed with version 2018-05-05 for DokuWiki release “Greebo”, so please make sure you have updated DokuWiki and both plugins. If this is not possible, make sure you save without the “Continue editing…” option before you leave the editing screen when you have changed the data for blogtng (e.g. don't press cancel after saving with the “Continue editing…” option).
- Please note that because the standard save function of DokuWiki is executed the lock of the page is released and afterwards regained. This might fail if at the same moment someone else is trying to edit the page, then you will see the message that the page is locked. I currently don't see any reason to change this as that moment should be a fraction of a second long. Please report a bug if you see this happen.
- This plugin does not work in all versions of DokuWiki that were released before 2008-08-23 because back then the redirect has been done at another place.
- Save using Ajax so the editing isn't interrupted at all (and provide a keyboard shortcut for that)
None so far.
Please report bugs and feature request in the issue tracker on GitHub linked above. Feel free to leave comments below, if there should be too many I might either remove or summarize them in the FAQ or move them to an external discussion page.