Table of Contents
This plugin adds an extra layer of security to the registration process. It accepts registration data from a new user and sends the potential registrant an email with a link back to the wiki. When the link is processed, DokuWiki's normal registration process is triggered and the new user is registered and sent a password.
It has its own CAPTCHA, which is based on a deck of playing cards, or it can use the captcha plugin, or it can turn off the use of a CAPTCHA. The choice is set in the Configuration Manager.
It is also possible to bypass the email stage and have the coded link printed to the screen and when the registrant clicks on that link, the registration will be processed and the user sent the password. This is also controlled from the Configuration Manager.
There is an administration panel which enables the administrator to prune back the data file where the temporary registration data is kept. Entries are deleted when the links are processed, but if a link is not used, the entry will remain in the data file until deleted using the admin panel.
Configuration and Settings
|captcha||builtin, captcha plugin, none||builtin|
|list_age||user set||2*24*60*60 (i.e. 2 days)|
It is possible to use this plugin without a CAPTCHA by selecting
none. If you want to use the CAPTCHA that comes with the plugin,which is the
builtin, you will get this:
If you have need for a CAPTCHA with more possiblities, you can select
captcha plugin. For this,you will have to install the captcha plugin. If you have selected
captcha plugin and that plugin is not available, the CAPTCHA will default to the
This option is either
on, then the new registrant will be sent an email with a clickable link. If
off, then the link will be printed to the screen. In either case, the result is the same, the link will be processed and the user will be sent a password. See FAQ below.
This option is for use in the preregister admin panel. It determines how long to keep entries in the data file before they will be deleted. Entries are deleted when they have been processed using the return link, but this feature takes care of entries where the links are never returned to the wiki.
The plugin checks to see whether a userid is already in use, so it will prevent a new registrant from submitting a userid that is already in use. However, it does not check to see whether or not a userid in its own data file is waiting to be processed. So, it is conceivable that two registrants could create the same userid, in which case the first one to process the return link would get the id and the other would get Dokuwiki's rejection message. This may be worked out in a later release.
For users of recaptcha2, see Tom Richter's update to preregister:
- Merge pull request #28 from popjelev/lang-bg (2022-10-07 02:13)
- Add Bulgarian language translation. (2022-10-06 23:41)
- Merge pull request #27 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_440_165173… (2022-05-07 00:13)
- translation update (2022-05-05 08:50)
- Merge pull request #26 from xtaran/patch-1 (2022-01-25 15:34)
- Fix "Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no lo… (2022-01-25 05:03)
- updates version (2021-12-08 13:45)
- Merge branch 'new-form' (2021-12-08 13:38)
- adds version file and changes submit button name from pregister to su… (2021-12-06 11:48)
- Updates Form elements to accommodate the update Form Library (2021-12-06 03:46)
- updates version (2021-02-03 20:47)
- update plugin.info.txt (2017-04-10 14:40)
- Merge pull request #21 from ssahara/patch (2017-04-10 14:28)
- initialize to emty array if unserialized data is not array (2017-04-10 11:21)
- Merge pull request #19 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_60 (2016-02-19 16:39)
Use GitHub or the forum.