This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
This plugin was initially developed to create enhanced tooltips and image filenames for wikis that use images based on photographs. However it has been expanded for use with any media files. The tooltips are based on the jQuery tooltip widget, and their appearance can be controlled by making changes to the
style.css file that is included in the plugin directory.
Expanded tooltip support
The latest upgrade includes expanded support for tooltips. It provides for inclusion of up to eight fields in the tooltip data and display:
- Camera make and type, assuming one was used
- the File in which the image is stored on the server
- the Exposure data, if
- the Date that the image or photo was created
- the name of the Artist or potographer who made the image/photo
- Caption, if provided
- Copyright info if available
- the Size of the image in pixels and size of the file on the server
If copyright statement is included, it can be included in the tooltip or on-screen underneath the image or in both places. The size of the on-screen copyright text is set in
style.css using the
mtip_copy class and is pre-set to
The output of the MediaToolTip plugin for photo-based images is controlled by its configuration options. The choices made from the options will alter the file names of the images and depending on the option may affect the information given in the tooltips. Otherwise, all media files will have the jQuery tooltips.
| ||Placement of copyright statment|| 1) in the |
| ||Checkbox for selecting one or more fields for inclusion in tooltips||Camera, File, Exposure, Date, Artist, Copyright, Caption, ImgSize, FileSize||File, Copyright|
| ||comma separated list of user groups to be used for creating image ids|
| ||use userid in creating image ids||1,0||0|
| ||use user's real name in creating image ids||1,0||0|
| ||choose whether and which date style to use in creating image ids|| date_hms |
| ||time format for creating image ids;the time is taken from the date on which the photograph was taken|| hour.min.sec |
Constructing the Id for Photo-Based Images
If all the defaults are retained, the image id in the Media Manager will have this format:
- Year-month-day_uploaded_image name_userid.extension
For example, for an image named sunset.jpg with a user named jack, that was photographed on November 12 2018, the file name would be:
enable_userid is set to
false, then the user's real name will be used instead of the userid.
If the user belongs to one of the
enable_userid is set to
false, the group name will be used. Similarly, if both
enable_real are false, the group name will be used. For instance:
Without a group name and without enabling of userid and the user's real name, the image would be named :
Finally, if no date is found, the image will be named as found on upload:
All media files will have tooltips styled by the jQuery tooltip widget. But all images that have photo data attached to them will have tooltips with photo data included. Below are tooltips for two photos, one with a filename that has been changed using the above options, one without filename changes.
|original image name||04_final.jpg||elders.jpg|
Please used either github or the forum to report any issues.
- Synched master with layout (2021-04-16 00:10)
- removewd debugging (2021-04-15 20:05)
- update version (2021-04-15 19:46)
- Place either copyright or caption as below image with caption taking … (2021-04-15 19:40)
- Adds localization (2021-04-13 18:08)
- Fixed integer recognition in jquery.css()by using parseInt when updat… (2021-04-12 19:54)
- updates style.css with overflow-wrap (2021-04-12 18:43)
- updates version (2021-04-12 16:39)