This is an old revision of the document!
This is a very simple plugin that allows HTML style comments to be used in the wikitext. They will show up unchanged in the XHTML output. They will not be rendered by the browser, but can be viewed with “View source code” command. The syntax is exactly like in HTML:
<!-- This is a HTML comment -->
This can be useful, if you're post-processing the HTML output in some way, e.g. to produce PDF documents. Some converters can use special HTML comments to steer the conversion process.
Simply install via the plugin manager with the download link.
- Merge pull request #1 from splitbrain-forks/php7-signature (2016-02-07 04:17)
- Adjust method signatures to match parent (2016-02-02 16:07)
- Update info and slight cosmetic change. (2013-03-19 09:20)
- There is no need to escape html special chars inside comment. (2013-03-19 09:10)
- Update info (2013-03-19 05:33)
- Move info to plugin.info.txt (2013-03-19 05:33)
- Start recording. (2013-03-19 05:28)
New in version 1.1:
- Defined constant
HTMLCOMMENT_SAFEto allow to switch back to old behaviour.
- Removed version number from plugin archive, since the plugin manager can't handle versioned archives.