Table of Contents
Download and Installation
Syntax and Usage
Floatdiv has 2 components - the sidebar itself, and headers to be used in the sidebar.
This is a simple floating div used as a sidebar for any page. It can be added simply by using
[float] content goes here [/float]
The options available are:
|Side||right||right/left||right||Controls which side to place the sidebar on.|
|Width||pixel||200||50-500||width=185||Controls the width of the sidebar.|
|Size||pixel||10||8-20||size=15||Controls the font size in the sidebar.|
|Background||Hex Color||background_neu||#000000 - #FFFFFF||background=#abcdef||Controls the background color of the sidebar.|
Using a width or font size out of the accepted range will cause it to be set to the boundary size.
size=30 => size=20 size=4 => size=8 width=5 => width=>50 width=1000 => width=500
Right sidebar, 180px wide, 12px font size, and #eeeeff for a background color.
[float right background=#eeeeff size=12 width=180] content goes here [/float]
Left sidebar, 50px wide, 8px font size, and #eeeeff for a background color.
[float left background=#eeeeff size=8 width=50] content goes here [/float]
Because normal headers won't work within the sidebar, new header commands were added. These are simple formatting instructions and do not force indents of the following text.
Usage is simple:
~$ header text $~
The number of '$' governs the style of header:
|Count|| Font Size |
|1||100||No||~$ lv 1 $~|
|2||125||No||~$$ lv 2 $$~|
|3||150||No||~$$$ lv 3 $$$~|
|4||175||No||~$$$$ lv 4 $$$$~|
|5||175||Yes||~$$$$$ lv 5 $$$$$~|
|6||200||Yes||~$$$$$$ lv 6 $$$$$$~|
Using more than 6 '$' will continue to produce a 200% header with an underline.
You can cheat on the closing tag by using a single '$' with any of the headers
~$$$$$$ lvl 6 header $~ works just as well as ~$$$$$$ lvl 6 header $$$$$$~.
- Normal Headers do not work within the sidebar - they will not process at all leaving you with the <pre>=== tag ===<pre> sitting in the text.
- Headers don't wrap with the sidebar on the left, they will move down below the sidebar.
- This is awesome. I've inserted the code, hit preview and instantly, my page looked fantastic. Thank you very much! Feb 06 2011
- Really good plugin, thanks a lot !
- Is this meant to “float” as in scroll up and down with you in the browser window? Jan 21 2015