Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" yes
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" no
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" no
Similar to dtable, sketchcanvas, tableedit
Needed for tablelayout
This plugin adds an additional edit button to every table. Using this button the table can be edited in an Excel-like visual interface. The plugin also adds a button to the standard toolbar for inserting new tables using this editor.
This plugin was originally developed by Adrian Lang. The plugin has been mostly rewritten and is now based on the Handsontable jQuery plugin which is included and does not need to be downloaded separately.
Search and install the plugin using the Extension Manager. Refer to Plugins on how to install plugins manually.
When upgrading from a version prior to 2014 you need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin. Otherwise old files may prevent the proper working of the plugin. Make sure you do not have an
action.php on the tableedit directory lingering on.
Not compatible with IE8.
After installing the plugin all tables will have their own edit button. This will open the table in the editTable plugin.
When editing a text in the normal editor, a new table can be inserted using the button.
Select a cell by tab key, cursor keys or mouse click. To overwrite cell contents just start to type, to change cell contents press enter or double click a cell. To confirm an edit press enter or move to another cell.
Inside a cell, all wiki syntax allowed for tables can be used as usual.
All cell manipulation is done via a right-click context menu. To do so select a single cell or select multiple cells by dragging. The context menu allows you to change the alignment and header state of cells, adding and removing columns and rows and gives a way to make cells span over multiple rows or columns.
Dragging the small square at the bottom right of a selected cell will fill the same content to the cells selected by dragging. Please note that auto-continuing rows (eg. counting onward) like in Excel is not supported currently.
Rows and Columns can be rearranged by moving them. Contents will be moved accordingly. Please note that rows or columns can not be moved out or into column or row spans respectively.
To move a row, grab the handle at the top of its header cell, then move it to where you want it to go.
For moving columns grab the handle at the left of its header cell.
For editing purposes columns can be manually resized by dragging the handle on the right of their header cell. Note that this is not saved by DokuWiki (since DokuWiki has no width or other properties for tables) but might be a good help when editing big tables with many columns that might fit on a screen page with less scrolling by resizing column width.
The source code of the plugin is available at github: cosmocode/edittable.
- Version upped (2023-01-14 23:50)
- Merge pull request #222 from imic6/bug_php8#218 (2023-01-14 09:17)
- Suppressing warnings in php8 (2023-01-14 08:51)
- Version upped (2022-01-22 23:50)
- Fixes deprecated method calls (2022-01-22 10:21)
- Merge pull request #205 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_300_16217… (2021-07-22 19:28)
- Merge pull request #207 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_315_16244… (2021-07-22 19:22)
- translation update (2021-06-23 22:10)
- 2023-01-14 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2022-01-22 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2020-11-09 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2020-08-12 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2019-06-24 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2019-02-14 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2018-12-22 by splitbrainVersion upped
- 2018-04-24 by splitbrainVersion upped
Bug reports and feature requests
Please refer to the issue tracker for reporting issues.