Table of Contents
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2023-04-04 "Jack Jackrum" unknown
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" unknown
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" no
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" unknown
This extension is marked as obsoleted. Therefore it is hidden in the Extension Manager and the extension listing. Furthermore, it is candidate for removal.
Similar to cloud
Flash is not available anymore in browsers.
This plugin enables you to use a Flash movie to display a nice rotating 3D word/tag cloud, for example Roy Tanck's movie. A special feature is the ability to display all root namespaces of your Wiki installation.
Download and Installation
Step 2. Find latest version of, for example Roy Tanck's Cumulus GitHub project Flash movie, a file called “tagcloud.swf” and put it in the plugin folder.
The Flash movie is NOT included in the download
This inconvenience because the Roy's Flash movie is released under GPL v3 and I'm a little bit hesitant to include it in the download. This plugin just plays any file called “tagcloud.swf” in the plugin folder .
- flag can be one or several (separated by
- max — Maximum number of words displayed
- width — Width in pixels (500 or more is recommended)
- height — Height in pixels (ideally around 3/4 of the width)
- tcolor — Color of the tags (6 char HEX color value without the ‘#’ prefix)1)
- tcolor2 — Optional second color for gradient between small and large font links (6 char HEX color value without the ‘#’ prefix)
- hicolor — Optional highlight color (6 char HEX color value without the ‘#’ prefix)
- bgcolor — Background color (6 char HEX color value without the ‘#’ prefix)
- trans — Background transparency (true|false)
- distr — Distribute tags evenly on sphere (true|false)
- speed — Rotation speed (percentage, default is 100)
- show — By default a word cloud is displayed. By using
show=tagthe plugin shows tags from the tag plugin instead. The alternative
show=namespacedisplays all namespaces in the wiki root.
All properties described above can also be set in the configuration manager.
showtags — The plugin always includes all tags as standard HTML <a> links in a hidden <div> for SEO purposes but this setting decides if it should be visible as a “standard” tag cloud if the users browser doesn't support Flash 9 movies. The cloud will have same CSS class as the cloud.
The code itself is pretty straight forward. It's an example how to use DokuWiki core function html_flashobject() to play a Flash movie.
- Corrected documentation link (2012-10-28 19:23)
- Merge pull request #2 from michitux/master (2012-10-28 19:10)
- Use the new getOccurrences function of the tag plugin (2012-03-08 01:11)
- Fix URL of the flash movie for installations in subdirectories (2012-03-08 01:10)
- French translation by Stéphane LAFORET (2011-09-02 17:54)
English is included. If you make a translation to another language I'm happy to include it, use Git, mail me or paste it on this page.
Thank you for inspiration Roy Tanck. Gina Häußge, Michael Klier and Esther Brunner has also contributed by making the Cloud plugin.
1. There is a built-in check for the presence of the flash movie, if it's not in the correct location a message “The file tagcloud.swf is not found” will appear. This means it has wrong name or doesn't exist in the
2. If your browser can't load the Adobe flash player application there will be a message “Download Flash Player 9 or better for full experience”. This can be caused by no or to old flash player, incompatible browser (Firefox 3.6 works) or other reasons.
3. If the plugin just creates a black box, the flash movie has started but was supplied with faulty parameters. Try displaying the basic word cloud with
If you still have problems, please supply information about DokuWiki version/Browser type&version/Flash version etc.
Hi, I installed the plugin manually and it is working good. I just wonder if there is a way to include subnamespaces in the cloud (for example - ns1:ns2). The syntax I'm using is as follows and it lists only the namespaces in the root (and I have several subnamespaces)
I'll put it on the list for a rainy day — HåkanS 2011/01/04 22:06
I've rewritten a number of comments from people experiencing trouble into a trouble shooting guide, but feel free to add more. — HåkanS 2011/01/04 22:06
Hi, while tags are correctly produced with diacritical signs (like à, é, ê…) there are not well handled by the cumulus plugin. For example, if I have a tage actualité then the link produced by cliking on the cumulus is
tag:actualite?do=showtag&tag=actualite which is wrong since the correct tag is
tag:actualite?do=showtag&tag=actualité. Some kind of wiki-isation of the tagname should not be made… Thank you for your time and your very nice plugin! — OlivierMichel 2011/03/09 15:22
Hi,@OlivierMichel, I had the same problem with a tag like “base_de_données”. I made 2 modifications on the syntax.php file :
- the first one around line number 148 :
$link = wl($id, array('do'=>'showtag', 'tag'=>noNS($word)), true); // $link = wl($id, array('do'=>'showtag', 'tag'=>noNS($id)), true);
- the second one around line number 173 :
$xmlCloude .= '<a href="' .$link . '" class="' . $class .'"' .' title="' . $title . '" style="font-size: '. $fsize .'pt;">' . str_replace('_',' ',$name) . '</a>' . DOKU_LF; // $xmlCloude .= '<a href="' .$link . '" class="' . $class .'"' .' title="' . $title . '" style="font-size: '. $fsize .'pt;">' . $name . '</a>' . DOKU_LF;
MathieuBossaert 2011/08/11 13:17
Thank you so much! This indeed solves the problem. — OlivierMichel 2012/02/20 20:33
FIX : Download Flash Player 9 issue
For people who have this issue, check syntax.php file around line 71 :
$movie = 'lib/plugins/'.$movie.'?r='.rand(0,9999999); // $movie = '/lib/plugins/'.$movie.'?r='.rand(0,9999999);
With the “/” at the begiging of the link's path dokuwiki is looking for “lib” directory at the root path.
But if your wiki is stored in subdirectory your path should be “lib” without “/” sorry for this translation. Edit me if you have better explains :) — Pierrick Lepaingard 2012/06/18 14:54