This is an old revision of the document!
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" unknown
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" yes
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" unknown
- 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" unknown
This plugin enables user management in Google Sheets. Internally it replaces the user file with a Google Sheet.
External requirements: Google Sheets access. See Configuration section for details.
You need to set up a service account that will be used by DokuWiki to access the Google Sheets API.
- Select an existing project at the top or create a new one
- Go to “Enabled APIS and services” and make sure Google Sheets API is enabled
- Then go to “Credentials” and create a service account
- In the “Keys” tab of your new service account create a new key of the type JSON.
- Your browser will automatically download the key. Store it in a secure location and place a copy named
authgooglesheets_credentials.jsonin the conf/ directory of your wiki.
Prepare the spreadsheet that will store the users.
- Create a new document and save its ID in the plugin configuration. You will find the ID in the URL, for example https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/111111111111111111111111111111111/edit#gid=0
- The first sheet will contain users. Name it
DokuWikiAuth. If you prefer something else, change the name in the plugin configuration as well!
- Create a header row with at least the required column names:
- Share the document with your service account. Otherwise DokuWiki will not be able to write data to it.
You can store any additional information about the users in the document, either as additional columns or in a new sheet. This will not affect login or user management.
- Respect cache expiration (2022-06-21 17:53)
- Working pagination in user manager (2022-06-02 22:18)
- Version bump (2022-06-01 21:00)
- Fix user count (2022-06-01 20:57)
- Version upped (2022-05-23 23:50)
- Cache column map (2022-05-23 16:02)
- Version upped (2022-05-18 23:50)
- Use cache to minimize number of API requests (2022-05-18 12:45)