- Version upped (2016-07-06 20:42)
- Version upped (2016-07-06 20:30)
- Version upped (2016-02-03 18:15)
- Merge pull request #3 from splitbrain-forks/php7-signature (2016-02-02 13:12)
- Adjust method signatures to match parent (2016-02-02 12:58)
- anonymize all requests by using an earlier, common event (2014-05-10 20:43)
- rehash the buid (2011-05-07 10:42)
- initial checkin (2011-05-07 10:30)
This plugin will replace the real IP of any user with a made up local IPv6 address right after the startup of DokuWiki. From that point on, DokuWiki will no longer know the initial IP-Address and will use the fake address instead for locking and logging.
Note: this will not anonymize the IP-Adresses your web server might log. For complete anonymity you need to configure your web server accordingly.
Even if your webserver already anonymizes IP addresses to 127.0.0.1, it is recommended to use this plugin. Otherwise you may experience problems with page locking.
How the Fake Address is generated
If your webserver anonymizes all IP-Addresses to 127.0.0.1 ( add link to the module that does this), this plugin will generate the fake address using the current PHP session ID. If no session ID is available, a random number is used.
If incoming IP addresses are not anonymized, auth_browseruid() is used to create the address. This function uses the first 3 octets of the original IPv4 and some browser headers to create a pseudo unique, but anonymous and irreversible ID. Users coming with the exactly same web browser from the same IP range will get the same fake address.