Download and Installation
- Version upped (2022-10-06 23:50)
- avoid initialization error on php8+ fixes #223 (2022-10-06 09:11)
- Replaced travis with github actions. fixes #214 (2022-10-06 09:03)
- Merge pull request #207 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_285_16172… (2022-10-06 08:59)
- Merge pull request #181 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_1420_1575… (2022-10-06 08:58)
- Merge pull request #206 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_243_16113… (2022-10-06 08:57)
- Merge pull request #192 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_85_159217… (2022-10-06 08:56)
- Merge pull request #177 from dokuwiki-translate/lang_update_1403_1574… (2022-10-06 08:56)
This plugin adds a new option to your admin interface called “Wiki Upgrade”. Follow the wizard and upgrade your wiki to the most current stable release of DokuWiki in just a few steps.
Note: this plugin needs write access to all your DokuWiki files, not only files inside data. If you installed DokuWiki through the DokuWiki Downloader, permissions should be fine already. Don't worry though, the plugin will check for needed permissions before doing the real upgrade process.
This plugin was only tested in upgrading from “Lemming” upwards. It might work for upgrading older versions as well.
Creating a backup (see FAQ - Backup) of your wiki before upgrading is highly recommended. It's NOT done by the plugin.
Q & A
Usable on systems without internet access?
The plugin downloads new releases directly from the github.com repository. Therefore it needs direct access to the internet.
Any PHP requirements?
Make sure that PHP was compiled with php_openssl enabled. Your PHP version will also need to be new enough for the new DokuWiki version to be installed (the plugin will check that for you).
I moved some folders out of the Webroot, is that a problem?
The upgrade plugin does currently not support installations where the
conf directory was moved from the default location.
If you moved the
data directory, the plugin will recreate a
data directory at the default location. That directory can be safely deleted afterwards. You may need to create any new subfolder inside your
data directory manually after the upgrade.
Upgrade to Weatherwax
Upgrade to Weatherwax using this plugin is only recommended when you're using the plain auth mechanism. Other authbackends probably need some manual config tuning.
The plugin will install the new version with all languages included. Even if you originally downloaded DokuWiki with a limited set of languages. You can use the langdelete plugin to clean up afterwards.