Table of Contents
Cell Background Plugin
Compatible with DokuWiki
- 2023-04-04 "Jack Jackrum" yes
- 2022-07-31 "Igor" yes
- 2020-07-29 "Hogfather" no
- 2018-04-22 "Greebo" yes
To be uninstalled before updating to the latest Hogfather release (if not you get a blank page) but surprisingly by reinstalling it afterwards, it works well (tested on 2 wikis) with no more error log on web server.
Download and Installation
Syntax and Usage
A background color is introduced by
@ and ended by
You can use all names and color codes from HTML.
If you don't specify a color, yellow is used.
See examples below:
This code :
^ Header 1 ^ Header 2 ^ Header 3 ^ | @lightgreen:**Span** || | | @#6495ed:Ligne 1 | Oui | Oui, à valider | | Ligne 2 | Oui | @orange: Oui | | @:Ligne 3 | Oui | @red:Non |
This one :
| @palegreen:Validé | @orange:À valider | @red:Non fonctionnel |
Wikis using cellbg
- Uses HTML color codes and names HTML Color Code Chart
- Works with other table formatting (alignment, bold, …)
- Doesn't work with header lines (^ character), so just don't use them if you want a specific color for these lines
- May not work with plugins introducing a different syntax than the DokuWiki one for tables
- If “@…:” pattern is found out of a table, it might disable other syntax inside it (not sure about that).
How it works
It's a hack that edit previously formatted text :
- detect if in a table by looking for a
<td…>markup in the previously formatted text (
- edit the formatted text and add
bgcolor=inside the previous
- if not in a table : add the text in the formatted text as is.
Plugin fails with wrap-Plugin
Problem description and solution: https://github.com/dr4Ke/cellbg/pull/17
@: syntax don't work with DokuWiki on Debian lenny : 0.0.20080505-4+lenny1
Bug : https://github.com/dr4Ke/cellbg/issues/issue/1
Automatic installation on 20080505 fails
Automatic installation on 20080505 fails with :
The plugin manager was unable to decompress the downloaded file. This maybe as a result of a bad download, in which case you should try again; or the compression format may be unknown, in which case you will need to download and install the plugin manually.
Manual installation works fine. Bug : https://github.com/dr4Ke/cellbg/issues/issue/2
– Please apply the patch from Richard MICHALOWICZ below. Otherwise the plugin bureaucracy will be broken under 2013-12-08 „Binky“. – Alois Hockenschlohe (2014/01/16)
In order to solve the problem related with the 2013-05-10a “Weatherwax” (ReferenceError: addInitEvent is not defined) you must change in the file <dokuwiki_install_dir>/lib/plugins/cellbg/script.js the last line as this:
- old line: addInitEvent(plugin_cellbg_toolbar_picker);
- new line: jQuery(plugin_cellbg_toolbar_picker);
That solved the Error and the compatibility between cellbg and the new Jquery motor is OK.
Richard MICHALOWICZ (2013/07/24)
Tried in “Weatherwax” (Release 2013-05-10) and I've nothing to report so far, it seems ok : — Adam Douglas 2013/07/10 09:32
Tried in “Adora Belle”, and I've nothing to report so far, it seams ok : — Andy 2012/11/30 01:03
Tried in “Anteater”, and I've nothing to report so far, it seams ok : — antoniomch 2011/04/05 13:11
Tried in “Rincewind” and I've nothing to report so far, it seems ok : — Philippe jourdren 2011/12/14 07:45