Table of Contents
The plugin provides a convenient way to manage acknowledgement of certain pages, for example meeting minutes or policy agreements. It consists of three components:
- “Acknowledge” button is placed on pages which an user is assigned to
- A wiki page with an overview of the user's outstanding acknowledements
- An admin overview of all current acknowledgements
Syntax and Usage
Users and groups can be assigned for acknowledgement on a page-by-page basis or centrally using assignment patterns.
Insert the widget syntax into any page to display a text, a checkbox and a button.
The syntax accepts a comma separated list of users and/or groups (prefixed with an
@) who need to acknowledge this page. Once a user has acknowledged a page, the date and time of acknowledging is shown instead of the form.
The form is only displayed to the listed users (or members of the listed groups). For all others, nothing is shown at all.
As soon as the page has been modified, the assigned users must acknowledge its contents again. (Minor changes do not invalidate the acknowledgements.)
Pages to Acknowledge
Use the overview syntax to display the list of pages that the currently logged in user is required to acknowledge.
If no pages are marked to be acknowledged by the current user or all pages have already been acknowledged, a “Nothing found” text is shown instead.
All Acknowledgements of the Current User
You can also display a complete listing of the user's acknowledgment assignments, both pending and done:
The dates of past acknowledgements are formatted using the dformat configuration setting.
Admin: Acknowledgement Overview
This admin component provides users with manager permission with some reporting on the current acknowledgements:
- A list of the most recent acknowledgements
- A report for a given user listing all pages they have to acknowledge
- A report for a given page pattern listing all users that have to acknowledge the matching pages
The pattern for the last option uses the same syntax as the assignments explained in the next section.
Admin: Acknowledgement Assignments
This admin component allows for the central definition of acknowledgment assignments. This is useful when for example, the same group of users need to acknowledge all pages within a certain namespace. This component is only accessible to superusers.
Whenever a page matches one of the patterns defined here, the given people and groups will be assigned.
- Namespaces excluding subnamespaces are assigned as
- Namespaces including subnamespaces are assigned as
- Pages as usual with their full page ID.
- Regular Expressions starting and ending with
/- they are matched against a
:prefixed full page id.
Assignees are defined either by username or
@ prefixed group name. Multiple assignees are separated by commas
This feature can be used together with manually assigned users. For pages that have assignments via these patterns, but do not use the Acknowledgement Widget, the widget is automatically appended at the end of the page.
- Version upped (2023-09-07 23:50)
- All acknowledgements: compact info (2023-09-07 11:09)
- Version upped (2023-08-28 23:50)
- Merge pull request #12 from cosmocode/syntax-all (2023-08-28 13:18)
- Merge pull request #11 from cosmocode/manager (2023-08-28 13:15)
- Merge pull request #10 from cosmocode/tests-php-versions (2023-08-28 13:04)
- Update PHP versions in test matrix (2023-08-28 13:02)
- Extend syntax with optional 'all' parameter (2023-08-27 20:11)