I want to comply with the EU Cookie Law and need to know what kind of cookies DokuWiki uses?
A default installation of DokuWiki sets three cookies. But be aware that plugins can set their own cookies!
As you can see, the default cookies required and functional cookies only. No tracking is implemented with these cookies. Nonetheless, you can use the cookielaw or cookiebanner plugins to display a banner for user consent with cookie storing, if you think that is required.
Used for authentication after login. This holds the necessary data to (re)login a previously authenticated user.
- Importance: necessary for anyone who needs to log in
- Typical content: encrypted username and password
- Expires: in a year 1)
Used for remembering helpful user preferences, like the size of the editor textarea.
- Importance: functional
- Typical content: name/value pairs in plain text
- Expires: in a year
The standard PHP session identifier. Used to hold temporary data and to avoid CSRF attacks.
- Importance: necessary
- Typical content: random ID
- Expires: at the end of the browser session