DokuWiki has debugging tools. Some need to be configured.
When config option allowdebug is enabled you can:
&do=debugto URL so DokuWiki will output a huge list of debug strings.
- (Up to Hogfather 2020 release: Look up output of
- Receive additional error messages e.g. from some authentication backends
&httpdebugto URL to enable debugging output in DokuWiki's HTTPClient
- Return some messages if stylesheets are missing
- Receive additional comments in xhtml renderer output
- Get debugging at some other locations and in plugins or templates, see the codesearch for usage allowdebug
Since Igor 2022 release:
DokuWiki has a logging functionality. Which information is not logged can be set with the dontlog config setting.
- Default only error and deprecated messages are logged, and the debug log is disabled.
- You can also enable debug log for more debug output
- Via the admin interface you can use the LogViewer. If the LogViewer cannot be reached, you can find the log files in your file system in e.g.
Get page and user info
&do=check to URL triggers the action mode check that provides some information about the users permissions and the DokuWiki setup.
See the debug info at the task runner page.
Insert a code block in the wikipage filled by $msg as plain text.
Adding an extra argument to
dbg($msg, $hidden=true)will return the $msg as html comment.
Writes $msg to the debug log shown in LogViewer, stored in
debugis unchecked in the dontlog setting.
(Upto Hogfather 2020 release: it wrote to the log in the cache directory
data/cache/debug.logwhen the config allowdebug is enabled.) Be aware the log isn't emptied automatically.
dbglog($msg, 'Header above log message')for including a header above $msg.
dbg_deprecated($alternative = '')
Function to mark deprecated functions. Each call is logged to the deprecated log shown in LogViewer, when
deprecatedis unchecked in the dontlog setting. The log message mentions: the name of the deprecated function, the function using it, its file and line and the
Print a reversed, prettyprinted backtrace
When you write your own debug functionality, use this function to remove all data from an array where the key seems to point to sensitive data.