Table of Contents
Action Modes aka. do Modes
List of possible action modes (may be incomplete yet) with their descriptions. These actions are usually caused by supplying an according
?do= parameter to the
The action modes are handled in the Action Router.
The description at this page should reflect the state of the last released version of DokuWiki. Changes between versions (very rare) can be inspected by comparing the code of releases at https://github.com/dokuwiki/dokuwiki/releases.
- show: The default action, whenever no special mode is defined this one will be used. It just causes to render the current page.
- edit: Loads the current page into the editor instead of rendering it
- preview: Same as above but also previews the edited page below the editor
- save: Used to save the current page - after saving a redirect using the show mode is sent. You should never see this mode in your template
- denied: Internal mode. Used to load the access denied message
- locked: Internal mode. Used to show the page locked message
- cancel: Cancel conflicting edit, replaced by 'show'
- recover: Recovers a draft
- draft: Shows the draft dialog
- draftdel: Deletes the draft, replaced by 'show'
- conflict: Report conflicting save
- backlink: Shows a list of pages that link to the current page.
- revisions: Shows changes and editors of the current page.
- diff: Generates a diff view for easy comparison between 2 revisions
- subscribe: Add the current user to the mailing list of changes on the current site.
- unsubscribe: The opposite of above.
- media: launches the media manager
- index: Shows a generated index of the pages and namespaces
- recent: Displays recently changed pages and allows diffs
- search: Search functionality
- export_raw: Export as wiki markup
- export_xhtml: Export as XHTML
- export_xhtmlbody: Export XHTML-body only
- check: Dumps some information about the users permissions and the DokuWiki setup.
- register: Register new user
- login: Login user
- logout: Logout user
- profile: Show/Change users profile
- resendpwd: Mail users password to given email address
- admin: displays the admin menu with all installed Admin Plugins, available to a logged in superuser or manager.