Table of Contents
Plain Text Authentication Backend
| Since the release 2013-05-10 “Weatherwax”
see AuthPlain plugin page
For releases 2012-10-13 “Adora Belle” and older
see info below
This backend uses a plain text file conf/users.auth.php to store user information and passwords. Passwords are stored using one way encryption (aka. hashing).
The backend will be enabled with the authtype configuration option
$conf['authtype'] = "plain";
(this should be in your conf/local.php )
Empty lines, and everything after a
# character are ignored. Each line contains a colon separated array of 5 fields which are:
- Login - This has to be a valid pagename
- Password - Encrypted password. The encryption method can be anything accepted by passcrypt option (DokuWiki will autodetect the used encryption)
- Real Name - Real name of the user
- E-Mail - Email address of user
- Groups - Comma separated list of groups a user is member of. The group names must follow the rules of valid pagenames.
To create MD5 hash values from a string you could use the script encode/decode. Due to the much better built-in functions of DokuWiki this script is deprecated and only stored here for nostalgia.
Since conf/users.auth.php is a plain text file, it can be edited with any text editor.
auth/plain.txt · Last modified: 2016-04-29 01:25 by Klap-in